Friday, May 6, 2011

A gift for MOTHER?

TRADITION, would have it that when mothers day rolls around your first impulse would be to run out and order flowers. That's not a bad idea, however, maybe try an alternative and one that's easy to make.

Candles are another great option and they are often forgotten for MOM. Many craft stores sell small votive candles. Here are a few tricks that will let you make mom a homemade gift with ease.

Purchase a few 2in x 2in candles at your local craft store. Scented are good to. Then locate some colored sand. You can find some extra fine sand at your local pet supply store. I know sounds odd, but continue to read.......

Here's what I like to do:
I gather approximately 7 minature candles. Let's use pink for mom! Then I spread some Elmer's glue around each and wait just a few minutes. After this process I have a platter with some of my marine sand that I purchased at the pet store and beggin to lightly press and roll each votive around in the sand.

After they have all dried I use some of the remaining sand and add a few sea shells that I had on hand and place all of them nicely arranged on an antique plate that has some pink and white tones to it (any would work that's about 7 inches in diamater). The cost was minimal and now mom has a gift that I would wrapped in some clear cellophane with a large pink bow!

What do you think? Shall I take a picture and show you? Stay tuned!!!

More fresh ideas on the way!

Las Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment