Sunday, September 18, 2011

Summer is over.....warm is here!


Here in the great Southwest summertime is always HOT! About the only thing that will grow here are the mighty saguaro cactus. These majestic plants can live for many years. Some are over 500 years old. Now that's a long time to live in a dry and arid climate.

This is an actual photo I took while
hiking in the sonoran desert


Water is essential for plants, crops and people too. Most of the delicate flowers that you see in many of today's photo shoots are not grown in Arizona.

Flowers today are grown in cool climates and green houses around the world. Over the years I have had the opportunity to travel to many exotic countries that feature some of the flowers I use in my creations. One such flower is the orchid. These unusual botanical's are grown primarily in tropics climates and throughout Asia.

When I was in Hawaii I visited an orchid nursery that featured some very unusual orchids plants. One such orchid they claimed to be very rare and valued over 20,000.00 USD. Wow, how could that be I asked? Its just a very difficult plant to find and to grown which makes it rare and valuable. The flower nursery was very proud to display their prized plant. This was on the BIG ISLAND of HAWAII.




 After my visit here it re inspired me to learn more about the many uses of orchids and my mind raced with creative ideas!



I would venture to say that orchids are one of the staple and primary plants/flowers for the event designer or florist. They are colorful and when mixed with abundance they can make a very big impression! So when your planning your next event you may wish to consider some amazing orchids or even cactus! It' all apart of the desired look.


Maybe we can help here @ LAS FLORES your event florist.

Planning your destination event. Why not try us here....it's usualy sunny, warm and durning the winter it's perfect for an out side party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment